Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I've lost it


I've lost my wedding band. It gnawing at me. I think its somewhere in my house but have yet to find it. About a month ago I looked down at my engagement ring to see that the diamond was missing. It was missing for about 1 1/2 hours and then, thanks to God, I found it on the living room carpet. My wedding band has been missing for 24 hours now.

I've been searching around the house for it all day. At one point I thought I found it inside our sofa. I called my husband to rejoice with me. Then I cut open the bottom of the sofa. It turns out it was a Mexican coin - 5 pesos. (don't ask where it came from or how it got there because I have no idea) I was bitterly disappointed.

I find when things like this happen that I am superstitious. Maybe that's not the right word, but I wonder if God is trying to tell me something. Like maybe I am being careless with my marriage and taking it for granted. I don't know. I'm probably reading too much into it. But I am praying that God will bring my wedding band back to me.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

don't over analyze my friend. it will turn up. can't wait to hear where you find it. bet that will be a funny story!

Ben McLaughlin said...

yuck, that is a bad feeling, I have lost mine a couple of times. Funny, I once thought I found it inside the couch, and broke in to the base of it as well-- can't remember what I found in there, but it wasn't the ring.

Anyway, I am sure it will turn up. And I agree with carissa, don't overanalyse it or you'll do your head in. Hope you find it soon.