Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Digital vs film

I don't like digital cameras. I prefer using my 35mm. The photos come out so much better, clearer, crisper. And I can't stand that the digital cameral doesn't actually 'take' the picture until about 2 seconds after I push the button. When I am trying to capture a moment with a young boy, this just doesn't work well. Or when I was trying to get a photo of a dolphin as it briefly came to the surface of the ocean, this definitely didn't work. We called these photos 'where wildlife was'.

I just got some film developed that has been sitting in my camera for almost a year. I was using the digital more because I can see them instantaneously and upload them onto my computer and all those other features that are supposed to make digital cameras state of the art. But now that I've seen these photos, I am thinking that I will go back to my 35mm. I like the quality so much better. And I like holding the photos in my hand better than looking at them on a computer screen. (I know - I could print the digital photos, but who keeps up with that?) And when I get my film developed, I also have the photos put on a cd so I can have them on my computer too! I'm just afraid that pretty soon there won't be any place to buy or develop film anymore!

These are from our vacation on Saranac Lake last summer. I love how the sunlight falls in each photo. BTW, it was an amazing vacation for our family!

Sam chillin' on the hammock.

Jay down by the dock.

James and Luke fishing.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

no picture from saranac lake could ever be anything but lovely! : )