Monday, May 26, 2008

Grief

On Saturday evening at Riverview Church I was told that a member of our body of believers had died suddenly Friday morning. Her name was Susan and she was probably in her early 30s. She and her husband had a 2y/o son. My heart was numb. How could this happen, Lord? Why, Lord? She was young and now her husband and son have to go thru life without her. Oh, Lord please comfort all those who are grieving.

I did not know Susan. But I knew who she was. Whenever I saw her I was impressed with the grace and peace that shone on her face. She gave her testimony before our church this past winter. She was a lesbian who began a relationship with Christ and then asked God to help her sort out her feelings. God gave her amazing victory in her heart and she wanted to tell others about it and help others who might be in the same place. I was so impressed with this woman's courage and grace.

Here is a link to one of our pastor's blog where he has a video clip of her testimony. (I'm crossing my fingers that this works since I am computer inept.)

http://www.noelheikkinen.com/2008/05/24/the-morning-fog/

I was talking with a friend of mine at church yesterday about our shock and grief. She expressed similar fears that I have in my heart. Lord, if You would take Susan so suddenly, then my family isn't safe from this grief either. Of course I know this but I just don't dwell on it untill something like this happens. And then my friend talked about how Susan felt compelled to share her testimony at church even when the pastor was hesitant. And my friend and I laughed about how we will try not to do the things we feel God compelling us to do, so He won't be able to take us Home untill we decide we're ready - which will be sometime after the age of 85 I think. We laugh because we both know in our hearts that God is God and He is in control and has our lives in the palm of His gentle hand. Even though our finite human hearts and minds can't comprehend what His plan is, we do know that He is Sovereign and He is Good and we can Trust Him.

No comments: