Monday, February 2, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust


Yesterday our sweet boy Jay came down with something. He spent all day in bed. And for those of you who don't know Jay - this is highly unusual. Jay is always moving and imagining and enthusiastic. But yesterday, and today, he just layed still and quiet all day with glassy eyes and flushed cheeks. I hope he starts to perk up tomorrow.


I usually kind of like it when one of the kids (or James) is home sick. I can just clear my schedule and take time to care for them, read to them, make them chicken soup and jello and usually catch up on laundry. That's how it was today. But I didn't like seeing my boy all wiped out on the couch.


Sadly, for Jay, today is his 12th birthday. He got quite a few calls from family wishing him a Happy Birthday. He took each call and mumbled a few answers to their questions and then said he thought he'd better go. He was all bummed out that he didn't get to bring treats to school 'on' his birthday. But I promised him the first day back he will. Thankfully he's having a party with friends for his birthday next weekend. Something for him to look forward to.


Happy Birthday Jaybird! We love you!

3 comments:

Chris said...

aww what a bummer birthday. i'm sure he'll figure out a way to continue celebrating it when he's healthy :)

Tracy said...

Hi Lu! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I appreciate your encouragement. It's a small world, isn't it? funny how we can meet people with so much in common on a blog of someone on the other side of the world. How do you know Ben, BTW? I found his blog through another friend.

I see your blog title is vertically challenged. I'm 4'10" - could officially join the Little People of America with that stature. My husband is shorter than I am - he has a form of dwarfism.

It was such a joy to hear Joni speak. I could have gone up to meet her and get my picture, but I was too shy. She's living with constant pain these days. did you know that she's been in that chair now for 41 years? As far as they know at JAF, that she is the longest surviving quad.

One of the sessions at our conference was by a couple who are developing a church that is completely centered on families affected by autism. It was fascinating. I'm glad to hear that the buddy system is working well at your church. We're just getting started and praying for folks to volunteer as buddies. I'm afraid our church will not be a great place for kids with autism because it's rather big, noisy, bad sound system. We meet in a school gym. We may have to address that at some point in the future.

Tracy said...

Sorry for such a long comment. :o) I just saw the verse under your blog title and realize you probably are not referring to height...